Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Blurring Faces
Post Blurring Faces 
I have had many people ask me how I blurr out our faces on our vids so I thought I would post it here.
I use Pinnacle Studio Plus v11 as it has many utilities including the blurring tool. v10 also has this tool. I paid right at $100 USD for this program and it is worth every cent compared to POS Windows Movie Maker. While doing research on an affordable program I learned that Sony Vegas also has a blurring tool but I have not used it so I cannot comment on it.
Thier is an article out thier on how to mask (blur faces) areas of videos if you dont have a blurring tool but you must be able to run multiple layers and it is very time consuming. Happy Videos!

Post Adding Blur to Make Subjects Anonomous 
I decided to do a bit of research on this subject.

It does appear that there are two methods for adding a blur to a object, like a face, in video. One requires an editor that has multiple tracks. This approach requires that you generate two tracks of the same clip, then you blur the entire frame on one track, crop everything but the blured face out of that track and overlay the blurred cropped track on the unedited clip. The blur overlay masks the face in the unedited clip.

The other method seems to be called the "key frame" method. In this method you can blur an area in a frame of the clip, then have the software apply the blurring to the area as it moves with the video. I imagine this is done by matching the characteristics of the blurred area on a frame-by-frame match (color, hue, saturation, etc.) and blurring the similar area.
I found a software package that does this, and many other editing tasks, and gets very good reviews. It's called EditStudio Pro. Apparently you can download a thirty-day free trial of the full-version of EditStudioPro to test. If you decide to buy it's $79.95 (U.S.). It seems less expensive and more powerful than the software I found and the "key frame" approach seems easier. I plan to download and test the free trial tomorrow. I'll give you a report.

Post Frustrated 
After a couple hours of research I discovered that the download of EditStudio Pro doesn't provide all the features that the full version provides and the full version is considerably more provides. I think the information on the EditStudio Pro website is quite misleading.

Also I discovered that Photoshop Elements has blur capabilities and I've been trying to figure out how to use them, but you might understand the challenge if you've ever tried to use any of Adobe's on-line documentation. I guess I have to find a teacher who's willing to walk me through it.

I'll report back if I get "the secrets".

Do not use Pinnicle as described b y top poster. See reviews here to explain. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/492930-REG/Pinnacle_8210_10056_11_Studio_Plus_v11_Video.html#reviews

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1