Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Lights, Camera... Action!
Post Lights, Camera... Action! 
Hi All

OK, in simple terms... all you need is the LIGHT!

Whether it's a cheap supermarket or PCWorld web cam or a £20,000 Studio camera, its always and only down to one thing... LIGHTING..

If you are thinking sexy lighting, times your lighting effect by 10... i.e. one candle = 10 candles.. 5 candles - 50 etc… and add an on-camera spot light, dim-able.. or adjustable lighting.. to set on the focus subject..

If you want home/daylight lighting, Add a couple of daylight bulbs, either directional or ambient... (Directed on your the subject or in the ceiling light socket)...

If you want Hollywood style, use Daylight Halogen, Daylight bulb or Daylight spots... 5000k Lums or higher.. (The higher the number the nearer the daylight you will get). The trick there is to eliminate shadows, but the set back is a very stark/ hard imagine... but great for close-ups, and full detail.. but not sexy unless you filter the lens with a soft focus or direct your lighting like a pro-camera man..

Here is a simple set up.. The scenario is.. I want to video someone masturbating.. I want to keep their face in shadow, but want to see ALL the action…

So, a spot behind the subject, pointing up.. Towards the ceiling.. This will cast a shadow on the face, (if he/she is laying down)… A camera mounted spot, or a directional spot, to the side of the camera, will light up the image you are filming.. Extra lighting, around the subject, either harsh or soft (3000k daylight spots (or higher), or just candles) if needed or to your wishes… and the camera (or cameraman) at the right level to film the action.. One tip… USE A TRIPOD! A steady camera will capture more than an excited person with a camcorder in their hands!

Trade Tricks:
Use greaseproof paper over the spot lamps to defuse the light (softer light on the subject), or a snoot for direction (highlights the area you want).
Use any camera feature, like face recognition or steady focus point/image stabilisation, to keep the focus on what you are filming.
Practise, practise, PRACTISE.. Try, experiment and re-shoot, till you get the effect you want.. My tip here is a soft toys.. The bigger the better, use them as your subject.. it does help with your technique...
Keep colours to a minimum.. As they confuse the focus.. Especially black or stripe fabric.. My choice here is either naked, or plain flesh colours.. Pink, light red, skin tones, cream and white… and a white or cream bed sheet as a background…
Lights, Camera, Action…! Plan the shoot, script it, rehearse it.. Then let it happen.. And be prepared for the unexpected.. As it will happen!
If a close-up is wanted, always use the macro function…
If you want internal shots, try practising by filming something small in a the centre of a toilet roll tube.. the light, and shadow will confuse the focus, and you will have to learn how your camera works.. and you adjust for it..

Everything else is up to you practising and experimenting..

Oh and post your films on here LoL..

Have fun Bodders

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1