Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Any good cam with remote zoom and pan?
Post Any good cam with remote zoom and pan? 
Hi,

I've seen a couple of good films here where the couple managed to zoom and move the filming area 'pan' using just a remote control. This would be really useful and make my videos better. Cool What camera models have you got? or do you suggest any good camera with this feature?

Thanks!

Save the Real Amateurs!!!

Post Remote pan? 
I don't know of any (amateur/consumer level) camera with this feature but I think perhaps you are mistaking a post-production editing technique for a perceived camera feature. A decent video editing app (we're using Adobe Premiere Elements 4) will enable you to zoom and pan within the images you have already filmed so as to give the impression that these actions were performed by the cameraman. Good thing too, who wants the distraction of fiddling with a remote when you're "in the act" ? I personally find it easier to set the camera(s) up on a tripod and then thoroughly enjoy one another without worrying about camera angles, etc. The panning and zooming can be dealt with afterward on the PC. Ain't computers wonderful! :)

HTH,

fntsters

Post remote pan and zoom 
the camera never lies, and with that illusion we like to full use of its reputation. As sfnsters points out, this can be done to some extent with various software edit packages but this is a complex science in its own right.

And while there are cameras and attachments to enable pan/zoom/tilt are you intending to do this yourself? one way of driving your partner off making an adult movie is to be constantly fussing around with the filming.

Here I find it a little strange that more people dont invite someone to film them particularly when its the intention to publish them here.

Even if it gets a bit distracting getting good quality shots when everyone else is having a good time, its a lot to do with keeping focus, varying shots and very often the sound too and thats without any joining into the fun and games happening in the same room

Any interest in my holding a masterclass somewhere in the London area? I would want at least 6 participants to make it break even, and of course a very exhibitionist couple LOL

Post Remote pan & zoom 
I picked up a mechanical pan-and-tilt device with a wired remote that sits between the cam and the tripod head from B&H for $120 USD. I use that in conjunction with my camera's wireless remote (for the zoom) with some success.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1