Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Locked posts
Post Locked posts 
Is locking a post,supposed to supress free speech in forums??????.If so why have forums,the world is supposed to be a democracy..........Tim berners lee,the inventor of the WWW would never approve of it.....thanks

Post Re: Locked posts 
[quote="samsungblue"]Is locking a post,supposed to supress free speech in forums??????.If so why have forums,the world is supposed to be a democracy..........Tim berners lee,the inventor of the WWW would never approve of it.....thanks[/quote]PS..... how can you have a panel of moderators.when half are not here to vote who is,or who is not acceptable,due to time differences???????

Post samsungblue 
samsungblue, too bad you aren't a moderator, if so you could open the locked thread, have your say, and have it be locked down again. Rolling Eyes

just to say after having my say, i didnt lock the other one down, nor did i ask for anyone else to lock it down

sometimes a thread is locked down though when it starts to become a personal slanging match - however, i have never locked one down before

Post Re: Locked posts 
samsungblue wrote:
Is locking a post,supposed to supress free speech in forums??????.If so why have forums,the world is supposed to be a democracy..........Tim berners lee,the inventor of the WWW would never approve of it.....thanks

Nobody's freedom of speech was suppressed. Yuvutu is not a government organization. While Yuvutu allows for a wide variety of expression, not all expressions are allowed for many reasons. Some of that may be due to the laws of the United Kingdom which govern Yuvutu, some may be due to other legal issues that Yuvutu might face as it is accessible from nearly all parts of the world.

While the forums are a source of expression, discussion and debate, issues that are of a personal nature - specifically attacks, accusations and insults directed at individuals - are things which should be taken into private discussion, or if they require the intervention of an Administrator, be taken directly to an Administrator via the "Feedback" link at the top of every web page. Airing of personal squabbles is not the purpose of the forums.

If there are any questions about a topic that I have recently locked down, you are free to send me a Private Message to discuss it.

Post panel of mods 
Samsungblue, are you on yuvu chat 24/7/365, omnipresent in every room? If not, how do you know which mods are around or not around enough to vote on any given situation? And we dont get together in a cyber room and raise our hands to vote at a particular appointed time, that would just be silly

On the rare occasion that votes are canvassed by admin, the votes are open for about 2 weeks so timezones are irrelevant.

A thread about locked posts does not really belong in "Suggest a new feature". This is possibly another reason why you may find threads deleted or moved.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1