Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Would you like to see groups added to yuvutu
Would you like to see groups added to yuvutu?

Yes 78% 78% ( 40 )
No 21% 21% ( 11 )

Total Votes : 51
Post Would you like to see groups added to yuvutu 
I would love to see groups added to yuvutu. It would make it so nice to know who has what interests. Or even groups by location.

Groups by location would be a very big plus.

Are we ever going to see a group option added to yuvutu?

Post Yes let us have groups 
Other site has a nice group section where member can make group and others join. By location or for interest, or just friends. This is nice to have.

Post groups 
Yes I think groups would be an excellent addition to the site. to enter a room and know all in there have the same interests as you would be priceless here. A definite yes from me!

I'm with you there adg......... to further it would it be possible to have rooms where group members ONLY could enter? ..... Surely that has to be a good way of cutting back on the trolls that just wander from room to room causing angst just because?

so how do a newbie become one the gang ......

if you have to be a "group member" to get into the said room ????

But people would not be in the group rooms all the time, they would STILL use the main room and go into the group rooms at set times for events or discussions. ...... The newbies etc would hear about these rooms in general chat and be guided towards the forum etc to find out more about it. Therefore using more of the forum, more of the webiste and hopefully signing up for a group meaning more social networking for Yuvu.

What a members only type room could mean is that if ppl DID revert to fuckstick dickwad arsewipe mode, they could simply be removed from the group, another troll control feature Very Happy

That's MY random theory on it, dunno how others see it working Tru Very Happy

so you going to have new mods for your new rooms ????

cause most the time rooms are modless now ..... like REVENGE POSTING - DELETE!!!! if you get me drift ....(soz mods not your fault)

Post umm...... 
chat has been seen as clique-ish over the years and I think making "group only" rooms would only accentuate this perception. I think it would be nice to have a "likes" feature on profiles (so that we can see who is into what on a more formal way) but I'm not wild about the idea of taking it into the rooms.

This is going way out of control from what I had though of groups being. I never intended the groups to be involved with the "chat" feature. I was thinking more of having groups that members could create. Like for instance having a U.K. group for people that live in the U.K. and it would be like the forum style set up where people could post things about maybe group events or getting together or talking about areas around for taking pictures. Things like that. Or having groups about photography or videography where people who like to take pics or videos can share ideas. I just liked the idea I saw on other sites where people that live in an area could go to a forum style area and share things, interests together. I don't think having groups on chat would be helpful, but I don't use chat on here because it is very clique-ish. As far as having trolls going from group to group I think admin member who creates the group should have the option to make it a public or private group with the ability to make members of the group mods. The admins and mods of the group should have the ability to delete or remove anyone or any content they see needs to be removed. Maybe you could have any groups you are invoved in or have created be listed on your profile page and members could request to be members if it's a private group or join if it's a public room. I really don't know all of the options that could be involved with this. I'm sure they're endless but I've been asking for groups to be added to yuvutu for over a year now and I was told that it was on the list of things to do but it was very far down the list. Hopefully we will see something for groups soon.

Seems like you have put some thought into it though and that's always reassuring........ I think there are benefits to both ideas, I like forums and would be happy to sign up to a group that interested me. If it also had regular online chat meetings then that would be a plus from my point of view but it's not a necessity ......
I can't say that I find the chat here cliqueish at all, maybe that's a thing of the past? It only ever seems friendly and welcoming to me....... ....... why don't you come in and say hi anyway, that way maybe you could chat to the relevant admin about it etc and possibly advance your cause a little.
Minxy

Is there anything new on the groups? Is the admins still considering the option?

Post Would this be possible? 
O.K. I'm going to lay this out and see if anyone thinks this idea of mine is worth it. I know previously there was some confusion for what the group suggestion was about. Some thought it was for the chat and that's not what I had in mind. I am a member of another site. Not for sex like it is here. But it has a great option that works well for groups so I thought how great it would be to have groups here.

So first the whole group layout with simply be like these forums. Nothing fancy or elaborate just a simple forum maybe give the admin of the group (the creator) the ability to change simple colors, topics, or brackets. Each subscribing member or free member however the admin felt appropriate could create their own group. So let's say I create the group "mybest fans." Now I can access the group from a group tab found on my member page or homepage when I log in. Along with my group also in the group tab would be other groups that I may belong to. I think it should be up to the admin of the group or creator to have the option to select how members can join the group weather it is open to anyone or restricted to members that the admin of the group can invite to the group, or it be a private group.

In this group you could have different topic sub content like here we have Suggest new feature, and women seeking women titles. On mine I could have mybest requests. Or general chat for mybest. And maybe even have the ability to upload pics or vids in the group forums and not be public pics or vids. It could be an added benefit to be a member of that group or maybe you don't want to upload a pic you want to get suggestions from the people in your group before you upload it to be public.

The groups could be added to the search tab so people could search for "mybest" or maybe they would want to search for a group in there region or state. Or maybe you want to create a group for you and your friends that like to go to a favorite swimming hole for skinny dipping. Or maybe you want to create a group about cameras and videoing suggestions to creating the perfect video. There are endless possibilities for groups and I think would be a great addition to yuvutu. Anyone with comments suggestions or questions please feel free to PM me here.

Has there been any talk about groups from the admins or mods?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next